“Eat six meals a day and still lose weight? Medifast calls it its “5 & 1 Plan.” If you eat five Medifast meal replacements and one meal that you provide, Medifast says you can lose 2-5 pounds during the first 2 weeks of the plan. People typically lose 1-2 pounds per week after that.
Once you reach your goal weight, you gradually add calories over a 6-week transition period. Medifast encourages following its “3 & 3 Plan” (three meals plus three meal replacements) indefinitely to keep off the weight.”
Here’s one of multiple reviews for a Medifast location. This location is in San Diego but it testifies to the power of the local Medifast experience with counselors and the support system.
“My wife and I’ve tried various ways to lose weight with limited to no success in the past. With Medifast, we’ve both lost over 50 pounds with (hopefully) a clear path on how to keep it off. The Medifast system was SIMPLE to implement and then just watch the pounds fall off every week. We both feel better and look better than we have in years. Our weight counselor, Jacquie is great at keeping us on track and giving us good suggestions on how to achieve our goals.”
- To avoid lumps in the hot drinks, puddings and cream soups, add just a little bit of water first and stir with a fork into a paste until smooth. Then gradually add the rest of the water.
- A great lean to use when you’re first starting out is the Eggbeaters. One lean serving is 2 full cups. This is a lot of egg so it makes 2 nice sized portions. You will find Eggbeaters listed under the Meatless Options on the My Plan page. I also find I lose faster if I use Eggbeaters as my lean a few times a week.
- It is perfectly fine to split your Lean & Green (L&G). You still do all 5 MF meals. This can help with the hunger by allowing you to eat a little more often.
- The shakes are much better when you make them in a blender and add some ice.
- The soups are all much better if you allow them to soak – especially the chili. If you don’t soak the chili the beans will be like bullets. I hated it the first time I tried it but love it now.