Make this delicious Medifast program approved side dish this Thanksgiving…Green Bean Casserole
Yield: 4 Servings
Per Serving: ¼ Leaner, 3 Greens, ½ Healthy Fat, 3 Condiments
1, 16-oz bag of frozen whole green beans
2 cups mushrooms, chopped
¼ cup diced yellow onion
1 clove garlic, minced
¾ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
¼ cup reduced fat sour cream
1 tsp cornstartch
½ packet stevia
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
½ cup reduced fat, shredded cheddar cheese
2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Microwave green beans according to package directions
- Lightly grease a medium-sized skillet and heat over medium heat. Cook mushrooms, onions, and garlic until tender about 5 to 7 minutes. Combine mushroom mixture with green beans in a medium-sized bowl and let cool.
- Meanwhile, combine Greek yogurt, sour cream, cornstarch, stevia, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Toss vegetables in sauce mixture until evenly coated. Add cheddar cheese, and mix until well combined.
- Spread into a lightly-greased baking dish, top with parmesan, and bake until topping is golden brown, about 30 to 35 minutes.